Find Peace of Mind With Pre-planning
More and more people today are choosing to plan in advance for their own or for their loved one’s funeral as an alternative to having others make the decisions for them. Pre-planning your funeral gives you the comfort of knowing that your wishes will be precisely followed when the time comes. It also ensures that your loved ones won’t face the emotional and financial stress of planning a last minute funeral. The advantages just make sense.
Planning is a Part of Life
You plan for your first home, your child’s education and your retirement. Having and keeping an organized plan is helpful toward being prepared and living comfortably in the future. More and more families are realizing this, as well as the benefits of planning their funerals ahead of time. Many people feel a little uneasy when they think about their own or a loved one’s funeral. This is a normal reaction. But preplanning a funeral can offer a surprising degree of emotional; and sometimes even financial, security. A pre-planned funeral gives your family peace of mind, knowing your funeral service was conducted according to your wishes.
Whether you choose to pre-plan with your family, prearrange or prepay, make a decision that feels right. Taking steps to being prepared provides a wide range of benefits for you and for your family; including the ability to:
- Make Your Wishes Known – to your family and your funeral director. Create a permanent record for future use.
- Educate Yourself – about the many decisions involved in planning a funeral. Your choices are nearly limitless and narrowing decisions ahead of time can help.
- Make Arrangements – when you and your loved ones have more time and a clearer perspective, rather than when you or your family are under stress.
- Receive More Input – from your family, which is who a funeral is really for. This also helps prevent disagreements about your wishes, giving your family a clear idea of the type of service you want.
- Gain Peace of Mind – that comes with knowing that your needs and wishes have been made known and the details taken care of.
- Alleviating the Responsibility – from your family for making these kind of decisions during an already difficult time from grief.
- Assurance – that informed, thoughtful decisions have been made about the funeral home provider
- Protect Yourself – against unforeseen costs and emotional overspending.
There are also several financial benefits to pre-planning. Please view our Prefunding Page to learn more.
Discuss Preplanning With Us In Person
If you have questions or concerns about the preplanning process, we would be honored to talk with you. Call us at (585) 227-2700 to make in-person arrangements with one of our caring, professional funeral directors. As always, we are happy to meet with you at no cost or obligation to you.